Vectrus Supervisor Food Service (Rations) in Kuwait
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
This position will assist, oversee and supervise the ordering, receiving, storing, and rotating all food subsistence and supplies received and issued by the Rations Warehouse. Ration Supervisor will order subsistence to meet menu requirements IAW the CONOPS menu.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Ensure Food Service Operations Standards for all delivered food items.
2. Responsible for all food service warehousing and storage procedures of perishable and nonperishable subsistence.
3. Must stock storeroom upon receipt using “First In, First-Out” and will build pallets of rations for movement to other facilities.
4. Will be responsible for offloading/loading delivery trucks for all subsistence from prime vendor deliveries to include bottled water, ice and charcoal.
5. The Supervisor will be responsible for ordering, receiving, storing, and rotating all food subsistence and supplies received and issued by the Rations Warehouse.
6. Supervisor will utilize previous week headcount data in AFMIS to determine feeding projections.
7. Order all subsistence utilizing AFMIS.
8. Assist and accompany Air Force Food personnel along with the ARMY VET to visually inspect one hundred percent (100%) of subsistence received for quality and quantity and physically check temperatures on all refrigerated and frozen foods for compliance with the applicable version of the Tri Service Food Code.
9. Ensure delivery tickets (Prime Vendor invoices) are IAW items physically received.
10. Initiate Subsistence Vendor Contract Discrepancy Reports (SVCDR) IAW AR 30-22 and subsistence prime vendor SOP.
11. All food handling, storage, receiving and transferring of subsistence will be done in strict accordance to the applicable Food Code
12. Ensure accurate accountability of all supplies, property, equipment and subsistence, to include locations.
14. Ensure compliance with instructions, regulations, manuals, technical bulletins and Tri-Service Food Code.
15. Interacts with the military and other agency officials, both over the telephone and in person, in a professional and tactful manner.
16. Selects workers and assigns tasks to be performed. Explains work requirements, methods, and procedures; instructs subordinates in new procedures and provides advice when issues arise. Reviews work in progress and on completion.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Excellent computer skills required as well as interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Use of computers, hardware and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, AFMIS, STORES, PowerPoint and Outlook will be required. Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Kuwait Driver’s License.
Work is generally conducted in a warehouseenvironment; however, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Work may require lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
Education/Certifications : One year of related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must be able to obtain Food Manager Certification
- Must be able to obtain Food Protection Manager Certification
Supervisor will have 3-5 years’ experience as a Supervisor in Food Service Rations/Warehouse. Must be experienced and properly trained in receiving, inspecting and storage of subsistence. Must have forklift driving experience. Supervisor experience with five or more staff personnel is highly desirable.
Excellent computer skills required as well as interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Individual must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to be certified to drive and operate up to a 2 ½- ton Refer Truck and up to a 10K forklift
Supervise a small group of Foreign National personnel.
Title: Supervisor Food Service (Rations)
Requisition ID: KDF000017
Clearance Level required at Start Date: SF85P
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.