Vectrus Senior Field Service Technician (OCN) in Kuwait
Under the general guidance of the Sr. Communications Engineer, the Sr. Field Service Technician will ensure equipment utilized to support Giant Voice services are installed properly, tested regularly, maintained and repaired to a fully mission capable status (FMC). The Sr. Field Service Technician will ensure all Performance Work Statement (PWS) requirements are met IAW with established department guidelines and procedures.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Assist Management in providing oversight, guidance and technical expertise related to equipment repair and services with the goal of achieving maximum efficiency while maintaining quality service. (35%)
- Ensure implementation of a preventative maintenance program for assigned equipment. (10%)
- Ensure the primary requirements of the performance work statement (PWS) are being performed by technicians IAW with Department and Safety guidelines/procedures. (20%)
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and make necessary repairs to the Giant Voice system to ensure designed system configurations are met. (20%)
- Educate customers on preventive maintenance and safety regulations. (5%)
- Make contact with customers to resolve issues. (5%)
- Perform other duties as assigned. (5%)
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Integrated base stations (IBS), soldering equipment, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), spectrum analyzers, multi-readers and other various testing/calibrating/repair equipment. Will operate non-tactical vehicles as required.
Work is generally conducted outdoors with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Employee’s use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire and Safety Regulations and published company work rules.Must be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. Working environment will be 70% outdoor, 30% indoor.
Workmayrequireheavyliftingup,stooping,climbing,prolongedstanding,prolongedsitting,andworkingwithor inareaswhereapotentialcouldexistsforexposuretophysical,chemicalorbiologicalagents.Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds if/when required.In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School diploma and a minimum of 3 semester hours above high school English from an accredited school.
- WAVES 7 Basic Technician Training and/or Certification.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from country of origin for the purpose of obtaining and maintaining a valid military or Kuwait Driver’s License.
- The ability to acquire and maintain an ASCL (Smart Card).
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Field Service Technician or related field.
- 1-2 years’ supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must have basic electronic repair knowledge.
- Must have expert knowledge of Autonomous Control Units, antennas, integrated base stations, fixed/mobile speaker arrays and IP Ethernet communicators.
- Must have practical WAVES 7 hardware/software experience/knowledge.
- Experience with the US Military or Government Contracting environment is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write and communicate orally in English with a high level of proficiency.
- Must possess a proficient level of computer skills in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to comprehend/provide basic blue print renderings.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, including supervisory management.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and a professional demeanor.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to demonstrate the company’s core ethical values of integrity, respect and responsibility in daily work, activities and interactions with coworkers and internal/external customers.
Organization: KBOSSS OCN
Title: Senior Field Service Technician (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001013
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.