SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Rapiscan Electronics Engineer, Associate - Kuwait (Secret Clearance Required) in Kuwait
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Engineering & Sciences
CSRA has an exciting opportunity available for an Electronics Engineer, Associate. The role will be as a Rapiscan Technician forward deployed to work at the front end of the delivery of our operation. This position requires individuals who are suitably experienced, qualified, and able to follow instructions clearly but also able to make command decisions on the spot in order to achieve the aims of the organization. Majority of time is performing “hands on” installation and repair activities at the various sites.
· To manage and perform sustainment maintenance of the Rapiscan equipment ensuring its capability deployed throughout the area of operation (AOR).
· Performs the installation, calibration, operation, maintenance, modification, testing, troubleshooting and repair of systems of a highly complex nature.
· Travels to customer sites as required to install, maintain Rapiscan Equipment systems.
· To manage, administer and account for all Rapiscan equipment and capability deployed throughout Kuwait’s area of operation. This is to include Installation/repair of all assets under this contracts responsibility.
· Performs first line technical support for field service personnel within the assigned region via phone and through site visits as needed. Provides on-site field technical support, including, but not limited to, end-user problem-solving.
· Coordinates corrective and preventive maintenance activities at assigned work location.
· Provide Technical representation at meetings and consult with clients or their representatives.
· Provide controls and records as to the progress of work and maintenance of Rapiscan Assets within the AOR via MMS and/or GCSS-A.
· Manages customer expectations as the on-site company representative. Individual will be the on-site liaison for the customer via the site lead and the government Contacting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR).
· Contacts and coordinates with internal departments for parts as required ensuring optimal equipment operation to meet contract repair times and fully mission capable rates.
· Prepares and documents the details of the “fix” to the problem in approved databases and provides on-site customer debriefing after each site visit.
· Acquaints customer personnel with the full capabilities of the equipment and/or systems for immediate operational requirements.
· Advises customer of all equipment changes and authorized modifications.
· Prepares and submits trip/after action reports which include results and recommendations for product improvement and site efficiency.
· Interfaces with local customer contacts with regards to site operations and service needs.
· Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of sophisticated equipment and systems.
· Systems include power distribution and delivery to include Breakers, Switchgear, Relays, Transformers, Drives (VFD), and/or controls plc logic.
· Working knowledge of Mechanical, Electronic and/or Hydraulic Equipment
The Ideal Candidate must have:
· Must have an active U.S. Government SECRET clearance
· BS or equivalent + 0 yrs experience or 4 years’ experience
· Minimum of four years Electronics/Communications technical experience.
· Two years in troubleshooting, fault finding, and repair of electronic equipment.
· Experience in working in hostile and austere environments.
· Installation and maintenance of Rapiscan/X-ray systems and applications.
· Stock control and asset management.
· Experience in a forward-facing customer support role.
· Hold a Rapiscan Technician certificate
· Experience with Rapiscan Secure 1000 Dual Pose, Full Body X-ray Scanner, Rapiscan 522B Baggage Scanner, and Rapiscan 622XR Baggage Scanner.
· Ability to design, write and deliver trade-related training to personnel.
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
KWT Kuwait (APCKWT)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.