Vectrus Postal Section, Lead in Kuwait
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Assist the supervisor in performing day to day operations. Provide leadership, guidance, and technical assistance to staff in the performance of their day-to-day activities.Provide assistance to customers and unit mail clerks to resolve or clarify mail problems and issues as required.Monitor job performance and implement additional training as required. In the absent of supervisor will temporarily assume the position as the APO Supervisor during incumbent absence.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
- APO Operational Planning/empolyee workload management
- Finance oversight
- Employee Training.
- Postal Claims and Inquires.
- Report Submissions.
- Accept and safeguard incoming mail. Maintain high security of postal facility at all times.
- Separate and scan all accountable mail in accords with military and postal polices.
- Process all Pro-grade and Retro-grade mail at APO’s and JMMT. Accept outgoing official mail from the base installation official mail section. Perform closeout procedures of pouching and tagging all outgoing mailbags and Out Side Pieces (OSP).
- Break down Tri-Walls, Open mailbags, letter trays, and sort mail by authorized APOs or assigned units. Separate and re-wrap all parcels received in damaged condition.
- Conduct unit mail call at prescribed time and provide the necessary customer assistance to the unit mail clerks.
- Issue accountable mail i.e. insured, certified, Registered mail to unit mail clerks, civilian DOD and contractors in Kuwait.
- Process incoming Registered mail for delivery from postal finance clerk and unit mail clerks. (If assigned duties of Reg Clerk).
- Perform closeout procedures to ensure the Registry section is balanced. (If assigned duty of Reg Clerk).
- Perform directory service and using Standard Pouching and Routing Instructions.
- Retrieve outgoing mail from USPS mail drop-boxes.
- Provide customer services to authorized patrons.
- Stage outgoing mail on pallets, airline Cookie Sheets, shipping cage and mail truck.
- Perform general housekeeping and custodial duties at APO’s, OMC and JMMT.
- Performs other related tasks as directed.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printers, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine and other general office equipment.
Work is generally conducted in a warehouse environment. However, duties may occasionally involve working outside with a potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Work may require heavy lifting up, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exists for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire, Safety and post policies
Work is generally conducted in an office environment. However, duties may involve working outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions, specifically desert heat. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, Fire and Safety Regulations and published company work rules.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Requires high school diploma or GED.Relevant USPS training may substitute.Completion of leadership training a plus andSecret Clearance required.
Minimum three (3) years military APO experience required.Relevant USPS experience may be substituted.Military mail room experience may be substituted on a 2 for 1 basis.Previous experience handling accountable and registered mail preferred.
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Office software and other related applications.
- Possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Can clearly articulate the English language in a professional manner.
- Possesses basic arithmetic and mathematical skills.
- Some organizational and planning skills to assist in managing work flow and personnel. Some general administrative skills are a definite asset to create and retain vital correspondence. Must be focused.
- Effective customer service and people skills.
- Should have a passion for working in postal, a positive influence, trustworthy, favorable integrity, and display initiative to meet or exceed mission goals.
Candidates must be able to supervise and manage postal operations, which consist of mail processing, distribution, Operations, and Finance Operations to include customer service, parcel inspections and bagging. Candidates must process strong organizational skills, be proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Office Tools.They must also have the ability to work with a very diverse workforce.Candidates must be an excellent communicator in both writing and oral communication.This will include Performance Improvement Plans (PIP), SOP'S, Training Plan, Work Instructions and counselingemployees.
Title: Postal Section, Lead
Requisition ID: KBO001038
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.