Vectrus MWR MANAGER in Kuwait
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Under the general direction of the Community Services Director, the Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) Manager is responsible for coordinating and oversight of the day to day operations of the overall MWR missionIAW all applicable regulations and standards. The MWR Manager has oversight and accountability of Morale, Welfare and Recreational activities (Support and Services, Leisure Activities Programming, and Sports and Outdoor Recreation Programming).Duties further include the management of the following functional areas: Community Centers, Swimming Pools, Libraries, Theaters and Video Checkouts, Internet Cafés and DSN Call Centers, Gaming Tournaments, Cultural and Holiday Special Event Programming, Fitness Centers and Gymnasiums, Sports Fields and Courts, Intramural and Fitness Competitions and Leagues, Equipment Maintenance and Repair, Limited MWR Venue Fabrication and Repair, Supply & Property Management, Professional Entertainment Production, Marketing and Media, Bicycle Checkout Programs, Bulk Recreational Item Checkout (warehouse services), and Grounds Keeping.Works in close coordination with other CSD entities and PMO peers to create a continuous flow of information regarding ongoing MWR activities.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Monitors MWR services compliance with the PWS, SOWs, collects and analyzes data, such as performance metrics and dashboards.
- Applies professional knowledge to plan, implement, and provide oversight to a comprehensive MWR program to ensure program execution and effectiveness.
- Responsible for program management to include MWR program offerings, monthly activities schedule, program budget, and property and facility management.
- Works in close coordination with the CS Director in the writing and development of training proposals, RFPs,SOPs, IOPs, purchase requisitions, and logistical support estimates and support execution.
- Responsible for assisting in planning, developing, directing, and coordinating logistical support for multiple, simultaneous, program level activities.
- Directs and manages requisitioning, receipt, storage, distribution, maintenance and return of supplies and equipment.
- Interacts with the military, and other K-BOSSS departments, both over the telephone and in person, in a professional and tactful manner.
- Ensures all MWR services and customer points are available, staffed, and operated in an efficient manner.
- Maintains and controls files for applicable correspondences, policies/procedures, reports, directives, and bulletins.
- Tracks and maintains information with CSD Director to ensure all daily, weekly, monthly slide, spreadsheets, and reports are maintanied and produced in a timely manner while focusing on quality.
- Manage and maintain through periodic maintenance, administrative records and submit program status reports IAW established project operating procedures (POP), standard operating procedures (SOP), work instructions (WI) and the KBOSSS contract.
- Insures subordinate Managers meet NAF budgeting planning and allocation timelines.
- Provides direct management and oversight to include overseeing day to day property control and warehouse service operations. This may include but not limited to storage, inventories, receiving, shipping and preparation of all supporting documentation.
- Monitors and evaluates work performance of the employees to ensure they are in compliance with the Performance Work Statement (PWS) and all regulations pertaining to their assigned duties.
- Monitors and evaluates complaints received on shipments of equipment and supplies and ensures appropriate action.
- Manages budget development and exercise budgetary control over warehouse operations.
- Coordinate & Interface with Sr. Property and Material Counterparts to ensure and maintain 100% accountability of Government Property in accordance with applicable Government regulations and Vectrus K-BOSSS Property Management Plan.
- Ensures compliance with prescribed Vectrus Property Management Plan, Performance Work Statement, and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Works to achieve KBOSSS goals and contractual commitments.
- Serves as CSD Director when designated.
- Performs other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, laptops, scanners, printers, faxes, other network equipment and other general office equipment.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment. However, duties may occasionally involve working outside with a potential exposure to extreme temperatures. Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) is required for some situations. PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, torso, respiratory, vision, and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire and Safety Regulations and post policies.
Work may require heavy lifting up, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
College degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience.Specialized Fitness or Educational Certifications are highly desirable.
Four to six years experience in the operations and maintenance of a military installation or equivalent civilian MWR program. At leastfour years in a similar supervisory role preferred. Must exhibit strong organization, communication and leadership skills. Must have at least four years of customer service background and experience.Must be a U.S. Citizen, capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbal.
Must have high-level organizational and planning skills. Must be computer literate and proficient using MS Office Integrated Software and other related programs. Excellent customer relations, communication, leadership, and inter-personal skills.
Serves as the EVMS/CAM
General Guidance & Direction
Title: MWR MANAGER
Requisition ID: KBO001023
Clearance Level required at Start Date: SF85P
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.