Vectrus Mechanic Wheeled Vehicle (OCN) in Kuwait
Underthe supervision of the Training Equipment Set (TES) Supervisor and the guidance of the TES Lead,performsthefullrangeoffield-levelmaintenance onchassisgroupunitsofoneormoretypesofvehiclespoweredbyinternalcombustionengines,gasolineormulti- fuel.Maintain wheeled vehicles, their associated trailers and material handling equipment systems
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Performs the full range of repair and modification work on heavy/light equipment and vehicles powered by internal combustion engines.
- Inspecting, servicing, maintaining, repairing, replacement, adjusting and testing of wheeled vehicles and material handling equipment systems, subsystems and components
- Service automotive electrical systems including wiring harness, and starting and charging systems.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices.
- Repairs, relines, replaces, and adjusts brakes.
- Follows checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Follows repair procedures, using charts, and technical manuals.
- Tests and adjusts repaired systems to meet military performance specifications.
- Performs routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, andtune-ups.
- Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Automated data processing equipment to include computer, printer, and other general office equipment outfitted with MSOffice software; secure handheld radio sets; non-tactical vehicles.
Work is generally conducted in a shop environment; however, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out-of-doors area with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions.Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required in certain areas. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with OSHA, EPA, and Fire Regulations and published company work rules.
Work will require lifting, stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- High School graduate or equivalent with training in equipment maintenance and management procedures at the Field/Sustainment level of maintenance.
- Apprenticeship in Light/Heavy Automobile Repair, Automotive Mechanic or similar preferred.Experience:Approximately two (2) years’ experience as an electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems maintenance mechanic.Skills:
- Must have knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Familiar with the use of computer based technical manuals preferred.
- Must have the ability to read schematics.
- The ability to troubleshoot, determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both written and oral, in English.
- Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation, and teamwork.
- Must exercise discretion and good sound judgment.
- Must have good understanding in the use of MS Office other related applications.
Organization: KBOSSS OCN
Title: Mechanic Wheeled Vehicle (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001012
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.