Vectrus Materiel Management Supervisor in Kuwait
This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Supervises and leads a team in receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, and disposing of Government Furnished and Contractor Acquired Material. Coordinates and supervises monthly 10% cyclic inventory, Receipt and break down of customer material. Update MAXIMO transactions and verify accuracy of records. Supervise between1-10 staff. Prepare and submit reports to the government providing detailed information on routine and special reports. Provide support to Program Management identifying problematic areas and resolutions.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Supervise a team to accomplish provided tasks to standard.
- Count, sort incoming material to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
- Update material records in Maximo
- Validate Purchase Requests, MILSTRIP Requisitions, Clothing Issues, and
- Runs daily reports in MAXIMO and evaluates the stockage level and stock on hand to determine actions required.
- Ensures locations are properly marked, matched and recorded in MAXIMO
- Identify and catalog all material on hand or on order for adequate store.
- Supervises the transportation of supplies to other departments, using Pallet Jack, Forklift or industrial truck as required.
- Responsible for Physical Security of material under his/her control that are stored in accordance with all Army Regulations and local policy.
- Identify Excess material in stock and request disposition accordingly
- Ensure material is being maintained appropriately and identify for disposition material with an expired shelf life.
- Prepare, read and analyze records and reports necessary to execute actions routinely.
- Must be able to access secure locations
- Performs other duties as assigned
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printers, network equipment and other general office equipment. Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to include manual and self powered lifts.
When working outdoors he/she will be exposed to extreme heat, dusty, and windy working environment. Is required to wear safety shoes at all times.
Must be capable of Lifting 70 pounds.
Education/Certifications : One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
Capable of effectively communicating technical information in English, both written and verbal
Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Management; Logistics; Business desired
5 years of experience in Material/Property Management. Related Military experience in Supply and Logistics. May substitute one additional year experience for each year of college requirements
2 years supervisory experience at the team level or higher
Functional, comprehensive working knowledge of the Federal Acquisitions and Regulations for Material/Property Management
Working knowledge of supply room operations and inventory management is required.
- Former Army Supply E-7 or above. Former Army Supply Warrant Officer
- Use of GCSS-A, or similar systems
- Material Handling Equipment (Fork Lift Operation, Pallet Jack, Hand Truck)
- Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Supervisory Training
- Ability to deliver training on his/her area of expertise to the lowest level
- Strong analytical skills
- WMS experience with Maximo, SAP, Oracle or similar systems
- Customer service training
- Ability to write procedural documents related to his/her functional area
Title: Materiel Management Supervisor
Requisition ID: KBO001080
Clearance Level required at Start Date: SF85P
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.