Vectrus Custodial, Senior in Kuwait
Custodial Senior will maintain up-to-date schedules detailing cleaning areas and duties of custodial personnel for each building and area. Oversees activities performed by custodial and landscaping personnel. Manages custodial personnel, including scheduling daily activities, managing appropriate leaves, supervision of duties, and inspection of duties. Assists in the set up for special events. Ensures personnel exhibit superior workmanship and focus on a quality end product. Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure all tasks are accomplished safely. Ensures personnel complete all tasks in accordance with the Public Works Safety Policy, and the Environmental, Safety and Health directives. Provides leadership and mentors junior personnel to develop appropriate skillsets. Addresses customer concerns in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. May use a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to correctly capture data related to maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance inspections, and urgent/emergency customer requests. Ensures personnel correctly capture data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms for upload into the CMMS (Maximo) database.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains cleanliness of assigned areas while limiting interruptions to the customer.
2. Facilitates planning, coordinating, directing and controlling activities performed by custodial and landscaping personnel.
3. Performs inventory control and transports supplies needed to complete the work to various work sites within the department; monitors the use and care of the supplies and equipment.
4. Performs routine inspections of assigned areas and evaluates the work of employees against established standards.
5. Ensures training needs are met, and counseling on job performance is conducted for employees.
6. Maintains records and prepares a variety of reports e.g. custodial workloads, service requirements and employee job performance.
7. Provides feedback to the supervisor on life, safety, quality, and maintenance issues.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Operates various types of office equipment, PC computer and printer, and copy/printing machines
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures – up to 130F degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Normal work week is 48 hours, but must be able to work overtime or shift work as required.
Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this section carefully; any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the major job activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities, visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. High School diploma plus vocational training in administrative sciences, Associates degree preferred
2. Must possess a driver’s license from country of origin for the purpose of obtaining a Military or Kuwait drivers license
1. At least three (3) yrs experience on custodial field required
2. Requires one (1) year supervisory experience – custodial field preferred
3. Knowledge of U.S. Army Safety Guidelines and OSHA Standards preferred
1. Interpersonal skills, and dexterity are needed to maintain holistic management of the Custodial Department, because this is an area that requires constant problem solving skills as maintenance issues, supply issues, and personnel issues are continually rising.
2. Communication and interpersonal skills are needed to manage personnel and to exceed the customer’s expectations.
3. Custodial Senior must be able to complete a task when instructed to do so by the manager.
4. Effective communication and organizational skills
5. Good interpersonal and people management skills
6. U.S. citizenship required
7. U.S. Government-issued Secret Security clearance, or higher, required.
Title: Custodial, Senior
Requisition ID: KBO001083
Clearance Level required at Start Date: SF85P
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.