Vectrus Buyer (OCN) in Kuwait
Purchase necessary quantities of materials, equipment, supplies, and services at the most economical cost and/or best value, for delivery to the location specified on the purchase requisition. Requests quotations from existing and new vendors and negotiates prices and other terms and conditions.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. In compliance with Vectrus Systems Division internal controls, purchasing policies and procedures and quality standards, purchases requisitioned materials, equipment, supplies and services at the best price and/or best value to support company requirements. Requests quotations from approved vendors, interviews vendors to determine the best quality, price and delivery consistent with company requirements.
2. Where no approved supplier base exists, engages in sourcing vendors, which typically involves surveying product literature, vendor, and distributor information financial analysis and cost comparisons.
3. Researches and resolves Accounts Payable, delivery, receiving, engineering, and material planning problems.
4. Reviews proposals, and selects and recommends vendors. Negotiates prices, terms and conditions of purchase contracts that involve materials or services that may be characterized as complex or to military or customer standards.
5. Follows up on orders placed and verifies delivery. Maintains all necessary purchasing records such as P-card Transaction Reports, purchase orders, PR logs, and Cost Savings Records.
6. Maintains professional competence in the purchasing field.
7. Performs other duties as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, printer, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine and other general office equipment.
Works in a general office environment.
Eyestrain and repetitive motion involved during peak periods of data entry. Some travel involved.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
High School Diploma.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or equivalent applicable experience is desired.
Two (2) years of professional experience in purchasing field. Working knowledge of (Federal Acquisition Regulation) and automated purchasing is desired. Must read and speak English. A valid Driver’s license is desirable.
Must have a good working knowledge of USG Procurement with regards to purchasing.
Organization: KBOSSS OCN
Title: Buyer (OCN)
Requisition ID: KBO001072
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.