Vectrus Automation Support Branch Supervisor in Kuwait
This position description is subject to change atany time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Managesthe overall supervision, training, administration, and provide management levelover sight for ASG-KU NIPR/SIPR network assets assigned to the AutomationSupport Branch (ASB). Provide supervisory management of the organization andexecution of the guidelines for Automated Data Processing & Equipment(ADPE), ASG-KU Camp Internet Cafes, and Help Desk, as it pertains to AutomationSupport throughout the ASG-KU community.Provide effective administrative and supervisory over sight for eachsection within the Automation Support Branch (ASB).Supervises professional laptop/desktop support and customer service tomilitary and civilian customers.Will berequired to develop and implement training,plans, WI’s, IOPs, and perform personnel reviews. Other duties may berequired as directed by the Operations Manager and/or the InformationManagement Director.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Direct, plan, organize, control, and evaluate the operations of Help Desk Support and Automation Data Processing Equipment (ADPE). 25%
- Daily management of employees to verify compliance withgovernment Performance Work Statement (PWS). 15%
- Complete all new employee training and ensure qualifications are met or surpass the government’s PWS. 10%
- Manage shifting priorites, and mitigates team conflict and communication problems. 10%
- Receives and answers daily correspondence from the COR, Operations Manager, IMD Director, Vectrus Management or other military elements requiring assistance from ASB, and provide all required reports as necessary. 10%
- Interacts with the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) on day-to-day operational issues and effectively communicates relevant IT-related information to all related stakeholders. 5%
- Reviews Branch matters with the Operations Manager and/or IMD Director and expedites any corrective action required on noted deficiencies. 5%
- Keeps the ASB team well informed of changes within the branch, on general departmental or company news. 5%
- Serves as the main point of contact on all IT-related matters for the ASB Branch.1%
- Ensures work safety standards are established, posted, and practiced throughout the Branch. 2%
- Perform quality performance checks on functional areas of the ASB Branch personnel. 5%
- Investigates personnel or job related problems and decides on a course of action to resolve the problem. 2%
- Ensures individual performance appraisals are prepared and performed. 2%
- Ensure company vehicle policies are followed, and assign vehicles for work related taskings. 1%
- Inspects employee time sheets weekly for correct entries, cost codes, and calculations. 2%
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Servers,personal computer, laptops, scanners, printers, faxes, wide range of clientsoftware, other network equipment and other general office equipment.
Work is generally conductedin a work center administrative environment. However, duties may occasionallyinvolve working outside with a potential exposure to extreme temperatures.Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) in certain areas isrequired. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand,torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Normal workweek is 48 hours, but may be required to work overtime.
May be required to lift, climb, extendedsitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. Inaddition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements are required.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted forone year of education, if degree is required.
Education:Information Technologydegree or equivalent experience.CompTIA Security and MSCA, MCSE, MCITP, or
Server , certification is preferred.
Five years experience in managing Information Technology andhave successfully managed 20 technical personnel with diverse technicalbackgrounds.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the followingareas:
·Computer hardware and softwaresystems
·Computer viruses and securityprograms
·E-mail, intranet, and Internetconcepts
·Computer networks, networkadministration, and work flow processes
·Effective verbal and writtenpresentation, and listening skills
·The ability to analyze and solveproblems
Mustpossess a professional demeanor; work effectively with all levels of employees,including top, middle and other supervisory levels of military and civilianmanagement; collaborative work style that will foster cooperation and teamwork;work independently with little or no supervision. Exercise discretion, goodjudgment and possess a good moral character in order to protect companyconfidential and employee information with complete discretion; possesshigh-level organizational and planning skills, possess the ability tocommunicate effectively, both orally and written, and must possess an advancedlevel of computer skills in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
1.Ability to improve customer’s expectation andreliability of ASB/IMD performance with their ability to successfully performtasks.
2.Technical ability to lead and converse with varioustechnical section at all levels and communicate what is required.
3.Ability to provide recommendations on approach –solutions.
4.Ability to successfully identify and clearobstacles/ impediments to progress that have a negative impact on thecompletion of mission.
5.Ability to identify short falls in ASB and how theycan be improved.
6.Productive Time Management in performing Branch Supervisor’sduties.
7.Provide sound leadership in project development andtracking, process documenting, managing, and training of personnel forcontinuous improvement.
8.Ensure daily actions/operations are executed toexpected standards within the scope of the current contract deliverables.
9.Synchronize customer needs and requirements withIMD/ASB’s capacity to provide trained personnel to successfully accomplishestablished goals.
Supervisesa section of up to 30 personnel.
Title: Automation Support Branch Supervisor
Requisition ID: KBO001045
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.