DynCorp International LLC. Munitions Crew Chief in OCONAL JABER AIRBASE, Kuwait
TheMunitions Crew Chiefis the senior munitions crew member that receives, stores, inspects, test, transports, and maintains military munitions, munitions material handling equipment (MMHE), and supporting resources as applicable to the Site. Operates Combat Ammunition System (CAS). Carries out all duties in accordance with DynCorp ISO 9000 quality and safety standards.
Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Consistently observes and enforces all military and host nation explosives safety, occupational safety and health, and security standards during all explosives and non-explosives operations in assigned sites and temporary duty locations.
- In the event of an emergency, takes necessary control and timely response actions.
- Conducts all munitions work according to established quality processes, identifying potential problems and recommending solutions.
- Reconditions, repairs, and replaces defective or missing parts of munitions and containers.
- Performs munitions storage actions according to the stringent explosives standards.
- Conducts warehouse inventories and corrects any discrepancies.
- Works closely with operations personnel to resolve any serviceability and accountability issues noted during warehouse operations.
- Prepares and configures munitions shipments for air, sea, and surface transportation.
- Uploads/downloads trucks with incoming and outgoing munitions shipments.
- Assists inspecting munitions in accordance with 11A-1-10 and applicable technical orders.
- Assists inspecting munitions brass, residue, and containers in accordance with 11A-1-60.
- Operates assigned Combat Ammunition System (CAS) as is applicable to site’s processes.
- Inspects, operates and performs maintenance on light vehicles and handling equipment such as, forklifts, pallet jacks, and manual hoists.
- Inspects and operates metal strapping equipment, stencil machines, heat sealers, pneumatic paint guns, air compressors and power tools.
Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge & Skills
Knowledge of the Military Supply and Tech Order systems.
- Computer literate.
- Must be capable of obtaining a host nation driver's license.
- SECRET Security Clearance required.
Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
High school degree or equivalent.
- Four years of experience on military munitions; combined experience on storage, maintenance and inspection procedures, to include CAS, for munitions and MMHE.
- Two years’ experience as a Munitions Crew Chief.
Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Normal color perception and depth of vision.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting 50 lbs and perform extensive work using handling/lifting equipment.
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Job: *Armament / Ordnance (EOD) / Weapons
Title: Munitions Crew Chief
Location: KUWAIT-OCONAL JABER AIRBASE
Requisition ID: 1802109