ManTech Mechanical Technician in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait
Repairs, rebuilds or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors. Work involves replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors; overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting and ignition systems. Performs other, related duties as assigned. Requires well-rounded training and experience usually acquired through formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience. Performs other duties as assigned.
• 4+ years of proven experience in maintenance, repair and technical experience and background in industrial manufacturing, commercial maintenance or military operations or maintenance.
• Preferred areas of experience may be with light or heavy duty trucks, tractors, tactical vehicles, ground systems, generators, power plants, aircraft or any diesel or gasoline powered equipment or vehicle.
• Maintenance support includes operations, system troubleshooting, engineering, design, installation, analysis, maintenance and repair of U.S. systems and subsystems to component level.
• Proficient with a variety of hand tools, diagnostic tools, power tools, multi-meters.
• Effectively applies industry or military standard troubleshooting procedures to localize and isolate faulty system components.
• Preferably familiar or knowledge with MRAP/RCV systems
• Prior training or maintenance experience on MRAP FOV systems preferable.
• Travel to hostile areas is required. Must be able to meet all government Individual Replacement Deployment Operations (IRDO) requirements for foreign travel into operational locations.
• Position requires moderate to lengthy travel to various US or OCONUS locations. We seek flexibility and willingness to deploy to all/any of these locations, including Southwest Asia and South Central Asia. Some OCONUS deployments may be hostile ("war zone") environments.
• Pre-Employment Drug Screening
• Insurable Driver's License required
Must be able to obtain an Visa prior to DEPLOYMENT...
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
ManTech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.
Requires High School diploma or equivalent and three to four years of related experience.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate
Years of Experience
04-05 years w/High School Diploma
For more than 40 years, ManTech employees have been solving complex problems for the national security community. We are comprised of approximately 10,000 talented employees around the world. We adhere to the simple, no-nonsense values on which ManTech was founded more than four decades ago, aligning squarely with the mission objectives of our customers. As our customer base continues to expand and diversify, we continue to diversify our workforce and solutions. Half our employees have a military background, and more than 70 percent hold a government security clearance. As a leading provider of innovative technology services and solutions for the nation's defense, security, space, and intelligence communities; we hold nearly 1,000 active contracts with more than 40 different government agencies.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accomodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accomodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.